Saturday 26 September 2009

Let's go to the Coventry Market!

Who says that we got no market here like in Malaysia?haha, but I guess the Coventry Market is a little bit smaller than the markets in Malaysia. But the size doesn’t matter, it’s what inside the market that I concerned. Well, I just had submitted my thesis during this time and got nothing to do afterwards. So i decided to go the market and see what I could I have for our berbuka puasa meal . I didn’t spend much in the market except when looking for some Asian foods like Petai, Serai, Kicap cap Kipas Udang, Kang Kung, Tom Yam paste and more (but too bad, there’s no BELACAN here). Let's check out what other stuff the market got to offer…


The sign board to the market


It’s me at one of the entrances
There are more than 4 main entrances available in the market.


There are world time clocks on the market’s wall. In fact, I didn’t noticed this previously and just did during the pictures were taken. I guess probably they put the world clocks as lots of foreign marketers doing business here. There are Africans, Pakistanis and Siamese instead of the locals.


It’s the halal meat section. I guess the shop is new there because I didn’t notice it on my previous stop-over.


Wouwh… it’s looking luscious huh? But unfortunately, u can’t eat this. They are just the room fragrance in the cup cakes pattern!


Yeah… this is so cheap! You can have a medium sized bowl of fruits and veggies with just a pound. But wait a sec; there is other seller who offered the foods much cheaper than this. Check out the next picture.


Oh man, this is much much cheaper offer! 2 bowls for just 1.50 pound. You can mix the contents and the seller doesn’t mind about it.


Oh my, this is Chili plant. So unique as the chilies head up instead of heading down.


Oppss.. I’m sure they didn’t notice that they’ve been snapped! Can’t listen to what they were arguing on. Perhaps it’s about YOU their girlfriend? Huhu…







Those are the things I bought from the market. Guess how much they cost me? Surprisingly, it just total up of less than 7 pound! How’s that? Wanna shop more in the market? Haha..yes u have to as the food are really really cheap and fresh as well!




Alright viewers, I have done my shopping and the guy in the picture also have finish taking pictures. Let's go home and cook the tiger prawns! We had scrumptious Butter Prawn for the dinner and of course the appointed chef for the dishes was the boy in the picture!

To Mr.Tonok, thanks for the cooking. It’s damn luscious and I want more indeed!!! Haha, so I guess that’s all for now and till we meet again in the next post okay? Pen off,TOTS!

1 comment:

  1. hi sis wani. nice to know you.
    i just browse in the facebook bout you, nice to knw you. nk tnya skit. study kat UK MARA sponsor ke

    ReplyDelete